buildingphotos.com Venues & Movies Attractions Hotels Shopping Offices Food & Drink

The Fillmore Detroit


 

2115 Woodward Ave
next to The Fox Theatre
across from Comerica Park

Detroit MI 48201-3469 USA
(313) 961-5451

geo: 42.337838,-83.051507
[street map / directions]
[bird's eye view]

from Wikipedia:

The building housing The Fillmore Detroit was constructed in 1925 as a movie house in the Renaissance Revival style of architecture. C. Howard Crane was the original architect, and the building is still called the Francis Palms Building.

The theatre was originally called the State Theatre when it opened in 1925. It was renamed the Palms-State Theatre in 1937. In 1949 it was renamed the Palms Theatre. In 1982 it was renamed back to the State Theatre. And in 2007 it was renamed once again, this time the Fillmore Theatre.

The building is twelve stories high and covered with terra cotta, with an eight-story auditorium extending to the rear of the building. The office tower has elaborate Beaux-Arts Italian Renaissance decorations on all but the ground floor, which was modernized in about 1960.
Related links:
State Theatre
The State Theatre in 2005

  TicketLiquidator Logo      TicketCity       Find Sports, Concerts and Theater Tickets

Upcoming events









previous photo     next photo 
 
site search by freefind advanced search





[Metro Detroit Concert Calendar]

[Metro Detroit Radio Stations]